- New Documentation updates from Pierre from Supercolony.
What is PSP
Implement PSP22 in your Contract
"A Polkadot Standards Proposal (PSP) describes standards for the Polkadot ecosystem. The Polkadot Standards Proposal GitHub is a community-based initiative. PSP process is not supposed to be a substitute for Polkadot Governance process and is meant to focus only on commonly agreed usage patterns rather than protocol adjustments."
- During the Sub0 conference, the Edgeware agency took notes! You can check them out here. You can read through and get the main points and the slides of each presentation. It is not fully completed we will add to it over time as we finish watching the intermediate and advanced presentations.
- Bi-weekly Builder's Call: November 9th, 2:00 PM EST in the new Gatherings voice channel on the Edgeware discord. Every other Tuesday at 2p EST. Bring questions, projects to show off, and ideas!
- Hackdays: Will proceed after the builders call this week in the new Gatherings voice channel on the Edgeware discord.
- You can listen to the recording of the last builders call on October 26th here!
- Polkadot added a new WASM standard with PSP-22: Fungible Token standard (WASM ERC20) adoption process. This gives WASM smart contracts an ERC20 like standard called PSP22 thanks to Supercolony. This is the first accepted Standard in Polkadot. You can read more about it on their Twitter thread.
- Going forward, the `--dev` flag passed into Substrate nodes will imply `--tmp` if a `--base-path` is not explicitly provided, meaning all dev chains are now temporary chains by default. To persist a dev chain’s database, pass in the base-path parameter.
- Block production speed has been improved for some edge cases where transactions to be processed are known to be invalid ahead of time.
- There was a bug where the wrong path was used for the parity-db database in Substrate nodes - the same one for RocksDB, meaning an overwrite would happen. This has been fixed.
- Transaction priority has been reworked to favor smaller transactions, plus some other considerations.
- There seems to be a bug with multisig transactions in Polkadot’s latest runtimes. Developing…
- The Polkadot JS Apps UI will now show a warning if the recipient of a Treasury Tip has no balance and the tip is less than the existential deposit (meaning the funds would be burned). A bug affecting cancelation of multi-sig calls has been resolved. The apps suite has been updated to version 0.98.
- Ledger imports into the Polkadot JS Extension will now also cater for the 25th word (passphrase), which up until now was not possible.
- Substrate API Sidecar is at version 11, adding an address validation endpoint.
- Polkadot JS API is at 6.5.2, adding fixes for historical `at` queries on top of 6.5.1