All Node operators and Validators are asked to upgrade their nodes to V4.0.2
- Depth Hoar updated the Escrow Dapp, so now the IDs match the UI and the actual ID number. They have added more tests to a total of 15 unit tests. Also, the smart contract got some security updates. You can see the updates here.
- Jan Kraus started making a new widget that will make using the Edgeware EVM more user-friendly. This automates some steps when converting from WASM to EVM and back, making things easier. You can see the example here.
Ecosystem & Community
- Sub0 is over. Although the events were not live-streamed, recordings of many of the talks will be available. Watch the first day recap here.
- Watch Gavin Woods’ talk where he outlined Polkadot’s path for 2023.
- The Anti-Scam team has done quite a bit to help keep scams out of our ecosystem - see here for a rundown and how it is continuing to decentralize.
- Listen to the latest Polkadot Community Call, covering what is happening in the Polkadot ecosystem.
- The Web3 Foundation research team has released a formal write-up describing improvements that allow for more efficient verification for BLS signatures for individual as well as aggregated signatures.
- Joe Petrowski has written a blog post on the roadmap for Statemint and Statemine.
- The Fellowship has been seeded with the first 45 members. The Fellowship is essentially a more decentralized version of the Technical Committee, replacing it in OpenGov (Gov2).
- On-chain Polkadot Alliance formed to recognize ecosystem contributors and establish community code of ethics.