EDG Developer Update: Nov 20 - Nov 26, 2022
Keeping you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes, so you don't have to.
All Node operators and Validators are asked to upgrade their nodes to V4.0.2
- Depth Hoar updated the Escrow Dapp to parse units; this allows the user to use decimals and no longer has to use 18 zeros anymore. He also linked the appropriate block explorers to the DApp.
- Jan Kraus & Shankar Warang has fixed the withdraw from EVM functionality on the Edgeware Key Generator page, which is now live. This functionality allows you to withdraw back into Edgeware's native token on substrate after using the Edgeware EVM. With other adjustments listed below to the edgeware.io website
Fixes and adjustments for keygen / tools page (#57) * Reorder form components to give better structure * Add index navigation on top * Refactor EVM Deposit * Fix issue with EVM Withdrawals * Update RPC URLs * Add async function to keygen/tools * Fix the key pair generation * Reorder tools and improve copy and formatting * Replace Society with Tools under 'Get Started' (Society is featured in the header of all the pages) * Update links, rearrange items, minor renaming and rephrasing Co-authored-by: Shankar D. Warang <[email protected]> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Minor tweaks to tools page for EVM withdrawal and visual revamps (#60) Small tweaks to EVM withdrawal form: - Improve error validations and form handling - Add display of intermediary EVM address Visual revamps: - Buttons for EdgeApps and Tools - Updated highlights Co-authored-by: Shankar D. Warang <[email protected]>
Ecosystem & Community
- Set a reminder for the next Polkadot Community Call.
- If you're in Berlin next week, don't miss the Next Block Expo. Several Polkadot ecosystem projects, including KILT, Phala, Subsquid, Pendulum, and Parity will be there.
- SubWallet released dotinsights the first panoramic and interactive Polkadot & Kusama Ecosystem Map together with the Polkadot Deep Dive Report Q3 2022. Read the highlights.
- Pendulum published The 5 Best DotSama Events of 2022.
- Watch videos from this year’s Moonbeam Illuminate.
- Nova Wallet, Talisman, and SubWallet announced access to Polkadot nomination pools via their apps.
- The new staking dashboard makes it easier than ever to stake your tokens.
- Polkadot-JS API v9.8.2 has been released.