- Filip Kalebo has completed work on frontier(Ethereum EVM) pallet you can see the latest development here.
- Depth Hoar updated ledger documentation on how to used your ledger with the polkadot web extension. This is how you can use edgeware.app with your ledger wallet. See the documentation here.
- If you missed last week's Substrate Seminar featured Edgewar council member/technical steward of Kabocha Ramsey. Where he shares his experience in launching a public test net and goes through how to add new validators to your testnet in a live demo. You can watch it here.
- EDG Dev Meetings are held on Thursdays at 7pm CET. If you have questions for developers please bring questions beforehand. You can see last week's Q&A here.
- During the Sub0 conference, the Edgeware agency took notes! You can check them out here. You can read through and get the main points and the slides of each presentation. It is not fully completed we will add to it over time as we finish watching the intermediate and advanced presentations.
Ecosystem & Community
- Polkadot’s XCMv3 now up for review and security audit. Watch out for the explainer article in the coming days.
- The first Polkadot Community Call happened on 11th March 11. People can go to the Polkadot twitter account to listen to the recording for the next 30 days.
- On Thursday, 24 Mar, Jonas Gehrlein, researcher at Web3 Foundation, will give a talk at Polkadot Zurich on the topic "The Economics Around Polkadot”. Note that this will discuss economic mechanics, not price.
- A new version of the Kusama Ledger application has been released on Ledger Live. If you are using Ledger and getting a “tx version not supported” error, please upgrade to the latest version.
- Reminder that the Web3 Foundation grants program has several RFPs out, looking to fund software development and research in the field of decentralized software protocols. If you have an idea, please apply.
- Parachains Auctions podcast spoke with Joe Petrowski of Web3 Foundation about the ever-evolving nature of Polkadot and the governance model behind it.
- Polkadot founder, Gavin Wood, was on the Defiant Podcast to talk about his journey into crypto and the intricacies of Polkadot. It is a pretty good and in depth interview.
- Gavin Wood was also on CoinDesk’s Money Reimagined podcast to talk about Polkadot and the Future of the Internet.
- Newly released Substrate Connect allows you to run a Polkadot, Kusama, or other Substrate light client directly in the browser, with no dependencies on external RPC endpoint solutions. You can try it now by selecting your RPC endpoint as “light client (experimental)” in the Polkadot-JS App.
- Polkadot-JS Apps v0.109.1 was released.
- Polkadot-JS API v7.12.1 was released.