EDG Community Update: Week of November 15th
A weekly newsletter discussing progress updates, events, and governance proposals within the Edgeware ecosystem.
- EDG DAO Treasury-funded Trading Competition on Kucoin Exchange is now live!
- The waitlist is now open for Kabocha, the Kusama parachain from the Edgeware ecosystem.
- All validators are requested to upgrade their nodes to the release v3.3.3 to proceed further with the ERUP4/Wako upgrade through the on-chain governance. The core community dev Ramsey recently shared the docker image for v3.3.3 aka ERUP4/Wako upgrade to save the compiling hustle for node/validator owners.
- Get to know more technical oriented updates on the ‘Developer Update aka EDG Dev Digest’.
- Zien revealed Drop 06 by Ben Elliot.
- Wong Joon Ian and Pet Berisha have updated the Edgeware community with progress on their EDG community-funded podcast “GMI in Crypto Media”.
- Community members interested in running bridge relayers or Chainlink’s oracle nodes on Edgeware, please reach out to [email protected].
- Community members interested in running Webb Protocol’s transaction relayers on Edgeware, please reach out to [email protected].
- No active referendum. Upcoming: Kabocha Technical Steward - Treasury Proposal
- Treasury tips to Junte and Edson got closed and disbursed for edgUMA management/github contributions and deployment on Beresheet.
- Treasury tip to Anett got closed and disbursed for contributing artworks as TG Working Groups’ logos.
- The Calendar of events has many items each week, meetings on NFTs, DAOs, chain strategy and governance- whatever you're interested in, take a look.
- Recent/trending Community Research thread(s):
> [Treasury Proposal #12]: BuilDAO Treasury Request
> Edgeware engineering recruitment
> How to make it in Crypto Media - an Original Podcast Series
- The Edgeware All-Community call was hosted on November 17th 2021, at 1 pm ET. Each month, different individuals/entities from the agency, builder guild, different working groups and enthusiasts come together to speak on various essential topics, ideas and updates related to Edgeware. From now onwards the All-Community Call will be hosted every week instead of the previous bi-weekly schedule. You can find the previous calls' meeting notes with recordings here.
- The next bi-weekly “Builders’ Call & Community Hackday” is scheduled for November 23th 2021, at 2 pm ET.
- Weekly EDG Financials Call is being hosted every Tuesday at 2.30 pm ET.
- New upcoming event: EDG Beginners’ Cohort (technical) on November 24th 2021, at 11 am ET.
- Priorities: BD, Edgeware Cohort, Docs/Guides, Rosetta-API, Website Refresh, Grants Page, Treasury 101 article, Buffer/Tweets
- ‘Exchange B’ is in the pipeline and ETA is 3+ months.
- The dev release of the Edgeware Ledger app is out on Ledger Live while the current progress and further milestones in the public listing can be tracked via the Height board.
- Check out the Edgeware Community Calendar to stay in the loop for community calls/meetings on NFTs, DAOs, chain strategy and governance.