EDG Developer Update: Jan 16 - Jan 22, 2022
Keeping you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes so you don't have to.
- Depth Hoar with the help of Ramsey has made a new docker image for Beresheet v3 test net. The other docker image said Beresheet v2 when it was v3.3.3 with this new image things are less confusing. Testing is encouraged for this new docker image.
- Shankar updated the links on edgeware.app to point to Edeware's documentation and GitHub repo.
- We have started utilizing GitHub projects to organize development workflow. Here is an example on the edgeware.app repo. It is similar to Trello but on GitHub.
- During the Sub0 conference, the Edgeware agency took notes! You can check them out here. You can read through and get the main points and the slides of each presentation. It is not fully completed we will add to it over time as we finish watching the intermediate and advanced presentations.
Ecosystem & Community
- Next Substrate seminar is Feb 1st 14:00UTC.
- The Web3 Foundation has published details on their 12th wave of grants.
- Confused about the differences between XCM, XCMP, VMP, and HRMP? Learn more about cross-chain messaging on the Polkadot wiki here.
- There are now over 3,000 sites and 115 addresses blocked by the Polkadot-JS extension for phishing. If you see a dangerous site or phishing address, please add it here.
- Check out the latest post from the ‘Polkadot A to Z’ educational series by Web3 Foundation’s Emre Surmeli to learn about Kusama Network and its functional differences from Polkadot.
- The Polkadot-JS extension has been updated to version 0.42.6 with a fix that doesn’t apply shims on content pages but only apply on backgrounds.
- Polkadot-JS Apps has been updated to version 0.102.1.
- Polkadot-JS API has been updated to version 7.4.1 with a MEDIUM upgrade priority. Required for all chains using
RangeInclusivetypes. Also includes better error handling for number conversions.