- The Tokyo Upgrade has passed, bringing EVM functionality to Edgeware and opening a world of development, dapps, tooling, and infrastructure.
- The technology for opening a bridge to ETH has been installed as well, called Chainbridge, built by the ChainSafe team.
- Governance parameters have been altered to allow the chain to make more decisions over time.
- Thom Ivy opens a discussion on a different technical path being a DOT parachain by launching a bridge to DOT as a parachain for the Edgeware network.
The multi-chain governance and community interface.
The Commonwealth team is making progress on an MVP for the new Commonwealth Protocol, more to come in the next two weeks. To build a new marketing site and mobile experience, they’ve also added more developers.
DTrade is a platform for trading perpetuals and options on Edgeware.
No major updates this week, just building.
Decent is a 'metadao' that seeks to create crypto-native public media.
Decent shared their recent progress in crafting their offer to Edgeware users in return for an upcoming treasury proposal to fund digital arts and media assets in the public's interest.
Lexbridge is a technological bridge to jurisdictions in the US - launch a DAO, and get a Series LLC mapped to that DAO.
LexBridge has started development on additions to Commonwealth, to enable any Edgeware account to be attached to a Series LLC. The initial milestone will focus on personal accounts, offered through WyDAO LLC in a manner similar to www.otoco.io 's model, of minting LLCs tied to ERC20 tokens. While the legal templates have been secured, the actual PDF generation package and optimal on chain write/read strategies are still being determined. Mekyle is an additional point of contact for the project. Ongoing updates are available through the bimonthly DAO working group call.
Webb is a privacy technology designer launched from Commonwealth Labs.No major updates this week, just building.
EU-Identity compliant document notarization and transfer service.
4thTech announced recently that they launched on Edgeware in order to take advantage of Polkadot interoperability and low fees.
- No active proposals at this moment
- Passed, moved to referendum Proposal to Fund Exchange C Integration
- Passed, moved to referendum Proposal to Fund Exchange B Integration
- Passed, moved to referendum Proposal to Increase Funding for Market Making
Referendum #29 Exchange C: integration fee & marketing campaign
Proposal to support integration fee and marketing campaign for Exchange C.
Referendum #28: Market maker for Exchange B + Exchange C (Efficient Frontiers)
This proposals, like the proposals for Exchange A, seek to fund market-making by Efficient Frontiers for Exchanges B and C as they are approved.
Referendum #27: Proposal to upgrade Tokyo runtime—EVM, Chainbridge, asset pallet updates
The release notes for Tokyo runtime upgrade can be found here.
Referendum #26: Proposal to increase validator count to 135
Failed to pass
This proposal was to increase the number of validators.
- The Calendar of events has many items each week, meetings on NFTs, DAOs, chain strategy and governance- whatever you're interested in, take a look.
- Edgeware Africa is beginning to grow! This working group is hosting it's first event, Know Your Edge, and the telegram channel is also discussing ways to educated developers in Nigeria and abroad. Join the conversation in the forum or Telegram.
- May 20th 2020 — Dot Decoded is an upcoming e-conference by the Polkadot community, and they're holding a vote to see what content will be featured. Edgeware has 6(!!) teams applying to present, so vote for them! See the voting interface here. Not sure who the teams are? We've got the guide in our Twitter.
- April 20th 2020 — 4thTech is hosting a 2.0 Roundtable on their latest version of their document and e-notary service, which has Edgeware support built-in. You'll be able to hear a debate with their creators and representatives from chains as they discuss multi-blockchain dapp setups.
- (Past) March 23 2020 — Edgeware All-Community call was hosted. Each month, the core development team is available to speak with validators, users, developers, and all enthusiasts about the roadmap, ideas, and the space. If you missed it, find the recording here and meeting notes here.
- The Agency is soon-launching a yearly budget proposal as part of Phase 2 plans after the launch of the website. This proposal will help ensure that the chain is positioned well for potential token distributions to ETH holders who signaled via Binance.
- The Agency PR Team is launched and busy! Think of a good article idea or want to write for the community? Reach out!
- New meetings have been launched to better organize effort across the chain. Check out the Edgeware Community Calendar to see.