EDG Developer Update: Oct 23 - Oct 29, 2022
Keeping you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes, so you don't have to.
All Node operators and validators are asked to upgrade their nodes to V4.0.
- Council Member remz released v4.0.2 for the edgeware-node. This version includes a runtime fix for an edge case found by KDPNETSTAKE. Know more here
- Depth Hoar & JelliedOwl's updated the validator documentation. Now it is strait forward on how to set up a validator for edgeware. This updated documentation led the way for five new validators regularly active in the community. Shankar, Advait, Vismay, Prathamesh, and Pranav.
- Depth Hoar Updated the the RPC URL for beresheet EVM
- Network: BeresheetEVM - RPC: https://beresheet-evm.jelliedowl.net - Chain ID: 2022 - Symbol: TEDG
- Jan Kraus udapted the edgeware website with the new edgeware.io domain.
Ecosystem & Community
- Bill Laboon, Web3 Foundation’s head of technical education, had a talk about Governance v2 and the philosophy of Polkadot governance with OAK Network this morning.
- Jonas Gehrlein, W3F researcher, has released a preprint on his research on validator selection in Polkadot.
- Listen to the latest Polkadot Community Call.
- Polkadot API v9.6.1 has been released.