EDG Developer Update: May 22 - May 28, 2022
Keeping you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes so you don't have to.
- Jan Kraus Has significantly updated the edgeware website. It is still a work in progress. You can see a preview of the new site updates here.
- Nathan Gardet-Derc Put in a pull request to add the super sig pallet into Kabocha. This pallet allows to add and remove members of a multi-sig.
- Filip Kalebo Pushed his latest work on ERUP-5 upgrade. You can view it here.
Ecosystem & Community
- Web3 Foundation has entered into a formal agreement with Project Liberty to implement DNSP (Decentralized Social Networking Protocol).
- Interested in attending Polkadot Blockchain Academy with Dr. Gavin Wood this summer? This crowdcast explains what it is and what it will cover. Register here.
- If you are interested in seeing Polkadot at Davos, there are still some events that are not sold out, and some that are being live streamed. For details, see here. You can watch What Will it Take to Build a Better Web? (with Gavin Wood, Frank McCourt, and Andy Serwer) and Why Multichain Is the Future of Blockchain (Derek Yoo, Ingo Rübe, and Oscar Franklin Tan).
- The Polkadot Hackathon Global Series: North America starts on 30 May.
- The latest Polkadot Community Call discussed parachain swaps, Statemint, and XCM.
- Reminder that registration is open for Polkadot Decoded 2022, with five in-person locations (Berlin, New York, Buenos Aires, Shangai, Mexico City) and online streaming.
- Ink! v3.1.0, has been released, with several breaking changes.
- If you are interested in trying out Ink!, you can go through the tutorial to deploy your first smart contract here.
- Polkadot-JS API v8.5.1 has been released.