EDG Developer Update: June 5 - June 11, 2022
Keeping you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes so you don't have to.
- Filip Kalebo pushed his latest work on the ERUP-5 upgrade. You can view it here. Filip also shared a feature list that is currently in
Switch to official substrate releases from parity
Several rpc upgrades
Support for the latest ethereum transaction formats
support for the latest substrate types
Upgrade to clap for the cli
custom frontier pallet
- Jan Kraus has updated the edgeware website with some links and styling. Updates include dev quotes and the wallet section on the homepage; you can view it here.
- Depth Hoar Local hummingbot testing is complete with good results. Updates to documentation can be seen in the changelog.
- EDG Dev Meetings on Thursdays at 6 pm CEST. If you have questions for developers, please bring questions beforehand. You can listen to the recordings here. In the last meeting, there was a lengthy discussion about whether Edgeware should keep or pause EVM capabilities for a period of time to make an easier upgrade. You can see this post on the forum here to get more in-depth info.
Ecosystem & Community
- Are you voting for your representatives on the Polkadot or Kusama Council? See how to do so here.
- If you missed Polkadot at Davos, you can see all of the talks on Youtube.
- Gavin Wood was interviewed by Alex Kantrowitz of the Big Technology Podcast.
- Polkadot-JS API v8.6.2 was released.