EDG Developer Update: June 12 - June 18, 2022
Keeping you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes so you don't have to.
- Filip Kalebo & Rich - decent partners: Rich has posted a write-up of the current status of the ERUP-5 upgrade. TLDR, the EVM, is not the current blocker. The current blocker is the node is not correctly producing a WASM build. Other people have had a similar issue like this on stack exchange, for example. "The process looks near the finish line; we need to solve the std leak."
- Depth Hoar Hummingbot testing has not done well in its most recent tests (it has lost $50, and it started with $200). However, I think it is doing well given the current market conditions. I am meeting with people this week to see if we can improve the bot's strategy.
- EDG Dev Meetings on Thursdays at 6 pm CEST. If you have questions for developers, please bring questions beforehand. You can listen to the recordings here.
Ecosystem & Community
- The Polkadot Hackathon (America edition) continued with a Crowdcast on building cross-chain dapps with XC-20s with Moonbeam.
- Web3athon, a 3-month virtual hackathon for solving problems with blockchain technology, started on 9 June.
- More details on Polkadot Decoded 2022 (29 - 30 June) have been released. Events will be held in Berlin, New York, Buenos Aires, and Hangzhou.
- Polkadot founder Gavin Wood will be talking about “What is Web3” at the Collision conference on 21 June.
- Polkadot-JS Apps v0.116.1 has been released.
- Polkadot-JS Extension v0.44.1 has been released.
- Polkadot-JS API v8.7.1 has been released.
- Interested in connecting via your own in-browser light client via Substrate Connect? Simply select “light client (experimental)” from the Network Pull-down on Polkadot-JS App, or go here.