EDG Developer Update: July 10 - July 16, 2022
Keeping you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes, so you don't have to.
- Filip Kalebo has been writing comments on a GitHub issue to make it easier to track the progress of the ERUP-5 runtime upgrade. Recently he was able to do a trial run with a node in development mode. After an ERUP-5 runtime upgrade, it was producing new blocks. He is currently testing the EVM capabilities with snapshot balances.
- Jan Kraus updated the edgewa.re website to version 3, which is now live! More specifically, you can see the git commits here.
- Depth Hoar submitted a proposed update to the validator documentation. This update will make it easier for anyone who wants to run a validator for Edgeware. Please leave comments or feedback; you can read the proposed changes here.
- EDG Dev Meetings on Thursdays at 6 pm CEST. If you have questions for developers, please bring questions beforehand. You can listen to the recordings here.
Ecosystem & Community
- If you have registered for Polkadot Decoded and have not yet claimed your NFT, be sure to do so quickly - the deadline to claim is 21.50 UTC on 18 Jul.
- The full speaker list for parisDOT.comm (19 - 21 July) has been released.
- Web3 Foundation published a post covering Wave 14 of grant recipients. If you are interested in applying for a grant from Web3 Foundation, please click here.
- Notes from Centrifuge’s Substrate Governance Workshop in Berlin on 28 Jun (attended by people from Parity and top parachains) are now available.
- The deadline for submitting your project to the Polkadot Hackathon - North America has been extended to 13 July at 07.00 UTC.
- Video recordings of talks from Dotsama Prague are now being released on a one-by-one basis here.
- Videos from Supercolony’s Wasm Conference: Smart Contracts on Polkadot are now available online.
- Gavin Wood was interviewed on Space Monkeys podcast, discussing his life, building Polkadot and Kusama, and Gov 2.0.