EDG Developer Update: Jan 12th - Jan 23rd, 2023
Keeping you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes, so you don't have to.
(All the node operators and validators are advised to upgrade their nodes to V4.0.2.)
Has continued his work on the Delegation UI.
You can check the progress by visiting the provided link.
Raptor and Pratamesh:
They have continued their work on the Edgeware v4.1.0 based on Polkadot-v0.9.25.
- Updated SubXT version from 0.23.0 to 0.25.0 and related dependencies +
- Updated SRtool WASM file and metadata scale to the Edgeware-v4.1.0 (Polkadot-v0.9.25) +
You can check the Pull Request to the repository, here.
Has been working on a friendly transfer widget that allows you to transfer $EDG to an $EDG EVM wallet in Metamask and vice versa in a more user friendly-way compared to the Edgeware tools.
You can check the preview by visiting the provided link.
The tutorial for using the Edgeware tools was made by Depth Hoar and is provided in this link.
You can check the commits by Jan for the website using this link.
Ecosystem & Community
- Videos from the 2022 Sub0 Conference are now all available online.
- Gavin Wood has published the Polkadot 2022 Roundup.
- Web3 Foundation, along with many other entities in the technology space, has signed an open letter calling for the US Congress to embrace a pro-privacy future.
- The Web3 Foundation research team has released a new paper, Sassafras and Semi-Anonymous Single Leader Election
- DFG Official published the 2022 Annual Polkadot Report.
- Polkadot-JS App v0.123.1 has been released.
- Polkadot-JS Extension v0.44.8 has been released.
- Polkadot-JS API v9.11.3 has been released.
- If you are interested in reviewing the differences between Polkadot runtimes, the Polkadiff tool is useful.