EDG Developer Update: Feb 20 - Feb 26, 2022
Keeping you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes so you don't have to.
- Filip Kalebo has a checklist for the runtime upgrade. You can view it on the Trello board to see the progress. Currently, working on the dependency updates for frontier(Ethereum evm) pallet. Also, getting Edgeware up to date with the latest polkadot releases.
- Depth Hoar Has a functioning version of the delegation page available for testing. You can check it out here! Any feedback is welcome. This will be made public on edgeware.app by the end of the week.
- gmeister7 has fixed many of the broken links in Edgeware's documentation.
- During the Sub0 conference, the Edgeware agency took notes! You can check them out here. You can read through and get the main points and the slides of each presentation. It is not fully completed we will add to it over time as we finish watching the intermediate and advanced presentations.
Ecosystem & Community
- This week's Substrate Seminar will be going over Substrate Chaoscope.
Substrate Chaoscope is an RPC instrumentation toolkit for pallet-chaos, designed to make Substrate runtimes behave in ways that they're not supposed to. Parity ecosystem success engineer Bernardo will talk about how to use this toolkit to explore the economic implications in different weight configurations; runtime attack vectors and edge cases; and raise awareness about best practices in runtime engineering.
- A new article on Polkadot A-Z, N for NPoS has been posted.
- The video from the latest Substrate Seminar, a fireside chat with developers from Manta, Interlay, Parallel, Astar, Centrifuge, Phala, and Parity, is now available online.
- Polkadot Decoded is returning 29-30 June as a hybrid event, with events in Berlin, Mexico City, New York, and either Singapore or Shanghai (TBD). If you are interested in presenting, there is a call for proposals.
- Polkadot released a new video on YouTube, Introduction to Parachains and Crowdloans.
- Did you know that anybody can request a grant for a specific project to address useful or unsolved issues for Polkadot, Kusama & Substrate by submitting a Request for Proposals? Find the list of open RFPs here.
- New primitives for building Polkadot and Kusama’s next-generation governance have been merged into the Substrate code base. Details.
- Polkadot-JS Apps v0.106.1 has been released.
- Polkadot-JS API v7.8.1 has been released.