- Depth Hoar created a pull request for Edgeware's rosetta-api that was merged to the master branch. Rosetta-api is an api that is used for several exchanges most notably coinbase.
- Junte has created a pull request for an atomic swap pallet for Edgeware's runtime.
- Cohort Session 5: We're looking for ambitious learners that would like to grow with Edgeware, and become a core part of our community. The Edgeware cohort program is a new program that will educate individuals on the structure and operations of Edgeware, Substrate, and blockchain technology, and provide the skills necessary to contribute to the evolution of Edgeware's ecosystem. The next one is December 22nd, 11:00 AM EST in the Voice-Builders voice channel on the Edgeware discord.
- You can listen to the fourth cohort session here!
- Builders Call: Tuesday, January 4, at 2:00 PM EST in the Voice-Builders voice channel on the Edgeware discord. Bring questions, projects to show off, and ideas!
- You can listen to the recording of the last builders call on Dec 7th here!
- During the Sub0 conference, the Edgeware agency took notes! You can check them out here. You can read through and get the main points and the slides of each presentation. It is not fully completed we will add to it over time as we finish watching the intermediate and advanced presentations.
- This is a great article guide for anyone that want's to get started with ink! smart contracts - ink! for smart contracts – the 101 guide.
- Next Substrate Seminar Dec 28th. The topic is not yet released.
- If you are interested in seeing a Substrate-focused StackExchange, see this tweet with information on how you can help make it happen.
- Contracts pallet is getting storage deposits. This is an alternative to storage rent which was removed months ago.
- The preimage pallet has been added to the runtimes of Parity-run chains, making it possible for other pallets to reference the hash of a previously stored preimage.
- Polkadot-JS Apps UI version X is out, finally fixing the style bug in the asset dropdown.
Community & Ecosystem
- Bill Laboon held an AMA on Reddit on the topic of the Polkadot-JS App.
- Interested in building in the Polkadot ecosystem, but not sure what needs to be built? There are several RFPs from the W3F Grants team.
- Gavin Wood discussed decentralized data with Edward Snowden at Blockdown Conference.
- You can win Polkadot swag by producing a commercial for one of the Polkadot parachain slot auction winners. Details here.
- Gavin Wood spoke with the Mayor of Miami about decentralization and Polkadot.
- Polkadot released a new article — The Parachain Advantage: Exploring Polkadot's Next-Generation Model.