The benchmark results are that 1 unit of EVM gas = 3000-4000 picoseconds of execution time, which means the amount of EVM gas we can process per second = 250,000,000. You can read more here.
- Bi-weekly Builder's Call: September 14th, 2:00 PM EST in the builders voice channel on the Edgeware discord. Every other Tuesday at 2p EST. Bring questions, projects to show off, and ideas!
New Video: Interacting with Edgeware EVM using Truffle.
- State Rent is being removed from contracts due to usability considerations. Without this, it would be very difficult to convince existing devs and their audience to move to Substrate, as in the eyes of new users this is just an adoption barrier. Good call!
- October 13-14, Sub0 Online is back with two days of in-depth talks and workshops on all things Substrate. Register now to hear from Polkadot founder Gavin Wood, the substrate core developers, as well as the teams building innovative Web3 projects.
- Bill Laboon did an AMA on Reddit focusing on the topic "Polkadot for Beginners" - post is here.
- Gavin Wood wrote an article on XCM (Cross-Consensus Message Format), Polkadot's inter-chain messaging format. It's the first in a series of articles explaining what it does, how it works, how to use it, and what it could become.
- Scale info 1.0 is finally out, which enables rich type descriptions for RPC SCALE outputs from nodes.