EDG Dev Digest: Sep 19 - Sep 25 2021
Keep you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes so you don't have to.
- We have a new Wako Release v3.3.5 from Raymond. You can see this list of changes here. This release incorporates the latest fixes for Frontier on DDOS protection, and is now ready for the on-chain upgrade.
- New updates to the Docker folder on the Edgeware Node so now we can use the dev-chain for testing smart contracts using our docker image from Ramsey. Documentation updates are soon to come!
- Raymond has informed the community that the Beresheet testnet has been reset. Upgrades to Beresheet are found here.
- We have a Developer experience update from Cameron. This goes over a potential growth strategy for Edgeware including developer incentives, and his thoughts on Rust in blockchain. Everyone is encouraged to give input, thoughts, and ask questions.
- There is now a Builders call mega-thread. This will consist of information on past and upcoming calls and more. Everyone is encouraged to contribute and discuss anything related to Builders calls or builders in general.
- Bi-weekly Builder's Call: September 28th, 2:00 PM EST in the builders voice channel on the Edgeware discord. Every other Tuesday at 2p EST. Bring questions, projects to show off, and ideas!
- You can listen to the recording of the last builders call on September 14th here!
- October 13-14, Sub0 Online is back with two days of in-depth talks and workshops on all things Substrate. Register now to hear from Polkadot founder Gavin Wood, the substrate core developers, as well as the teams building innovative Web3 projects.
- Low-level traits have been added to expose ERC20-like information about Assets.
- Moonbeam Network reports from a speech by Gavin Wood, that the Polkadot audit is finished and that a Kusama/Polkadot bridge may come sooner than expected.
- Polkadot JS Extension is out with 0.40.2, adding support to Eth addresses on compatible chains, signing of raw data via QR, new metadata, and more.
- Polkadot API 6.0.4 is out, a major version bump because starting with Metadata v14 chains will be able to expose full type information, preventing API breaks between runtime upgrades. This is due to this massive upgrade.