EDG Dev Digest: Sep 12 - Sep 18 2021
Keep you up to date on all things technical related to Edgeware and more! Always in a human-readable form, we look at the code changes so you don't have to.
- EVM Network Parameters: You can find Edgeware's EVM benchmarks, RPC Endpoints, EVM tools, and other EDG EVM tutorials.
- Edgeware Node: You can find out how to start your node and connect to Wako v3.3.3 with other great Edgeware node information.
- Bi-weekly Builder's Call: September 28th, 2:00 PM EST in the builders voice channel on the Edgeware discord. Every other Tuesday at 2p EST. Bring questions, projects to show off, and ideas!
- Missed September 14th builders call? You can listen to the recording here!
- October 13-14, Sub0 Online is back with two days of in-depth talks and workshops on all things Substrate. Register now to hear from Polkadot founder Gavin Wood, the substrate core developers, as well as the teams building innovative Web3 projects.
- In one of the biggest updates to date, metadata as exposed by the Substrate nodes will now include rich descriptions of types. This means implementing apps, wallets, and tools will experience much less pain when trying to stay up to date with Polkadot JS API and newly deployed runtimes because the types will be auto-generated from the metadata of the nodes! It is not known when this will go into the update, but at the latest it will be the one after next, meaning a month or two at the most.
- In Part 2 of Gavin Wood's XCM blog series learn about its versioning system & how it can keep a network of sovereign chains communicating as the language evolves at different rates between networks - without significant ops overhead on those maintaining it.
- A Polkadot Berlin event is planned for Sept 27th! To be moderated by Zoe Meckbach, this event will cover parachains, crowdloans, auctions, and all the other currently trendy topics in Polkadot-world. Speakers are Parity devs Santiago Balaguer and Benjamin Weiß.
- Substrate API Sidecar 9.1.9 is out, with some version bumps of the underlying Polkadot JS API. Minor update.
- Polkadot JS API 5.9.1 is out, notably with decoding enhancements with narrowing checks for TS plus some other minor stuff for XCM and the 9090 runtime upgrade block.