We’re thrilled to announce that Volta will be integrating Chainlink oracles into the EVM environment of Edgeware. The grant is co-sponsored by Chainlink and Edgeware, with the goal of supporting the many development teams wanting to build with Chainlink oracles on Edgeware.
Chainlink oracles on Edgeware open up a vast array of new possibilities for externally-connected, decentralised applications on the Edgeware platform that encompass various industries and use cases, such as DeFi, gaming, NFTs, DAOs, insurance, and more. Most notably, the grant will establish support on Edgeware for Chainlink Price Feeds—ready-made decentralised oracle networks that provide DeFi apps with high-quality financial market data in a hyper-reliable and tamper-proof manner.
As part of the grant, Volta will provide several key components to the integration, including:
- Validate and adapt Chainlink contracts to ensure native compatibility with Edgeware.
- Test and deploy all Chainlink components to Edgeware mainnet, with continual maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide an automated test to verify the integration of Edgeware and Chainlink using test node instances.
- Create documentation showing how developers can integrate with Chainlink on Edgeware.
“We’re glad to be awarded a Chainlink grant to expand support for Chainlink’s industry-leading oracle network to the Edgeware smart contract platform,” stated Nathan Windsor, CEO of Volta. “As a team of industry experts with years of experience with blockchain technology, we look forward to adapting the Chainlink oracle technology stack into the Edgeware EVM, enabling developers to build a wide range of externally-connected smart contract applications for the DeFi ecosystem and beyond.”
Volta is a Wyoming-based distributed ledger technology-focused company agency that was founded in 2016 by a diverse team of blockchain developers and systems architects. Their focus is on the creation of secure, blockchain-agnostic software that empowers users across verticals to easily leverage blockchain technology. Their team has created software in deployment across numerous blockchain projects, including Tendermint, Parts Pedigree, Menlo One, and RChain. By demonstrating extensive technical expertise, Volta makes for an ideal candidate for a grant to integrate Chainlink oracles with Edgeware.
Chainlink Community Resources:
- Official Website: https://chain.link/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/chainlink/
- Blog: https://blog.chain.link/
- Telegram: https://t.me/chainlinkofficial/
- Discord: https://discord.gg/aSK4zew
- Documentation: https://docs.chain.link/